After doing 12th from science, there are many options for career and courses. It is a difficult task to choose a right course for a student. Students who are from science stream can choose any field of study, all options are always open for a science student. They can go for either conventional degree courses of any discipline or professional degree courses or diploma courses. We are going to discuss about some prestigious and job oriented courses which science student can opt for below.
B Sc (Bachelor of Science)
Bachelor of Science (B Sc) is one of the most popular courses for students of science in India. It is a three year under graduate degree course offered by most of the universities across the globe. Students who studied with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Maths) can go for B Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and many more while on the other hand students with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) can do B Sc in Biology or Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology etc. There are some students who chose PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology) can go for any B Sc course. After B.Sc you can go for further studies as well as jobs. You can do job in private firms and also in government sectors. After B Sc you are eligible for various exams conducted by government. After B Sc degree you can go for M Sc (Master of Science) or any professional course such as MBA etc.
Engineering is a professional career option for science students. Students who have opted for PCM or PCMB can go for any engineering or technology based professional degree course, while for diploma in engineering there is no need of these kinds of parameters. Engineering contains too many disciplines in it, that's why it is considered to be one of the best career options by the aspirants. Some of the most popular engineering courses are discussed below.
- B Tech (Bachelor of Technology): This is a professional degree course only for PCM or PCMB students. It is awarded to those students who complete four years of comprehensive engineering study and research. There are many private and government universities providing B Tech course in India. In B Tech there are numerous disciplines for students such as aeronautics, agriculture, automobile, chemical, civil, computer science, electrical, electronics and communication, industrial, mechanical, nanotechnology, textile and many more. After completing this course students have a chance to get a good job and start their career in a private or government organization. Also they can go for further studies such as M Tech (Master of Technology) etc.
- BE (Bachelor of Engineering): Bachelor of Engineering is also a four year under graduate engineering degree course. It is quite similar to B Tech course. There is a key difference between BE and B tech and that is a BE pass out invent a machine while B Tech pass out will modify that invented machine and its duration is basically four years but in some colleges it is of five years also. It is also for PCM and PCMB students. Students learn in depth during BE as compared to in B Tech. Rather than that all things involved in these two courses are similar, the disciplines are exactly the same. After completing this course you can get a good job in the private or government sector. But in terms of salary the BE students gets an extra edge over the B Tech students, they earn a little more. There are still options for further studies such as ME (Master of Engineering) etc.
- Polytechnic Courses: After 12th from science, students have also an option for diploma in engineering courses. These courses are best for students who are from not so well economic background, it is specially designed for these type of students. These courses are basically job oriented. It also contains exactly the same disciplines of BE and B Tech. Some students dreamed about to be an engineer but due to some unfavorable situations they can't go for that or they have to leave their studies in mid way. The students who are just 10th passed are also go for polytechnic. The diploma in engineering courses under polytechnic are of 3 years for 10th passed students while for 12th passed it just takes 2 years. They also get quick job after their course. The initial salary is quite low in comparison to BE or B Tech.
Medical courses are also very popular among the science students, especially with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) students with PCMB can also go for medical courses. There are many degree and diploma courses in the field of medical sciences. According to your interest and qualification, you can choose any of them and after completing that course you can easily start your career. Some main and famous courses in the area of medical sciences are discussed below.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery): This is the most popular medical course not just in India but in the whole world. This is a 5 years long under graduate medical degree course which enables one to be a doctor. Anyone can join any hospital or nursing home or even can run his/her own clinic. Most of the patients prefer allopathic medicines over ayurvedic or homeopathic medicines.
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery): This is the course which is related to the study of teeth, gums and other aspects of mouth. This a 4 year long under graduate course.
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery): This is the course related to the study of homeopathic medicines. These medicines doesn't show any side-effects and show slow but good results if taken in proper manner as the physician or doctor prescribed. But if taken in wrong manner then it could be very harmful in some extreme cases it could be life threatening. That's why homeopathic medicines need to be prescribed in a very proper manner. This course is 3 years long.
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery): This is a 4 year long course related to the study of ancient Indian remedies known as “Ayurveda”. This is the oldest remedies to cure people. This is normally related to the use of natural remedies to cure patients, like using natural extracts of some leaves, flowers fruits etc.
- BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery): This is a 5 year long course of curing people using ancient Greek remedies known as “Unani” method. This known to be the second oldest remedy of cure after Ayurveda. The methods of remedies are also quite similar to the methods of Ayurveda.
- B Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy): This is a 1 year long course related to pharmacy. Under this course of study one has enables himself/herself to recognize the formulas, salts and combinations of medicines. Mostly they have their own medical stores or chemist shops or salesperson or distributors of medicines. The need for these people will always remain that's why this is also considered to be one of the most demanding course.
Now a days most of the aspirants opt for professional courses and they want to succeed in a short span of time. As we can see that there are lots of courses available for the students of 12th from science. They have to observe and analyze about their strengths capabilities and all other aspects related to them and most importantly try to know more about your targeted courses, thereafter you will be able to choose the course that suits you the best. All the best, go for the best!